Porcaro Cosmetic Surgery
SE HABLA ESPANOL!
1) What will it do for me? The removal of excess skin and or fat around the eyes will give you a more youthful, refreshed look, often times taking 10 years off your appearance!
2) Will my insurance pay for it? Unless you have documented vision loss because of sagging upper eyelid skin that interferes with your sight, Medicare and other payers will not cover this procedure. Insurances almost never cover the treatment for bulges of fat or loose lower eyelid skin.
3) How much does it cost & where is it performed? We offer competitive pricing when compared with similarly trained physicians in our area. The charge depends on whether you require treatment of just the upper or lower eyelid or if you need both upper & lower eyelids treated. If you require correction of loose lower eyelids, additional charges will apply. You will receive a discount when both upper & lower eyelids are treated at the same time and when eyelid surgery is combined with lower face & neck lift surgery. Your procedure will take place safely & comfortably in Dr. Porcaro’s AAAHC accredited facility, adjoining the office.
4) What are the risks? Although the risk is small, the biggest threat is bleeding, which can occur during or after the procedure. Your risk of bleeding is low if you don’t have elevated blood pressure and are not taking any blood thinners like Aspirin & other NSAID’S.
5) What do I do before the procedure? You will undergo an eye exam with Dr. Porcaro to assess your vision & tear production. You may need medical clearance from your family doctor depending on your age & your health.
6) What type of anesthesia is used? You will receive oral or IV sedation along with a local anesthetic.
7) How is the procedure performed? Once you are comfortable & relaxed, the areas will be cleansed & the excess skin and fat will be removed through an incision in your natural skin crease so it won’t be noticeable. A suture will be placed below your skin in the upper eyelid and a butterfly strip placed over the suture. Often, no sutures are needed when bulging fat is removed from your lower eyelids.
8) How painful is it and what can I expect afterwards? You will experience minimal discomfort for the first day or two. You may experience swelling & trace black and blue that may take a week to resolve.
9) What will I need to do after the procedure? You will need to apply ice for the first several days & avoid anything strenuous for about a week. You will need to carefully follow your instructions to ensure a smooth recovery.
10) When will I see Dr. Porcaro again? Your sutures in the upper eyelids will be removed about 6 days after your procedure. Often times, no sutures will be needed for your lower eyelids.
|American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery||American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery||
* The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is the only certifying Board that exclusively tests surgeons' knowledge and experience in cosmetic surgery but is not recognized by the Florida Board of Medicine
Although the office is located in Port St Lucie, Florida, we regularly serve patients form Jensen Beach, Hutchinson Island, Stuart, St Lucie West, Palm City, Sebastian, Fort Pierce, Tequesta, Palm Beach Gardens, Vero Beach, Hobe Sound, Jupiter, Okeechobee, Melbourne and the greater Orlando area.