Porcaro Cosmetic Surgery
SE HABLA ESPANOL!
Breast Augmentation FAQ
1) What will it do for me? You can now have the breasts you have always dreamed of with saline or the new silicone gel breast implants. You will appreciate a significant improvement in your shape, look sexier & feel better about yourself after this body contouring procedure.
2) Is it safe & where is the procedure performed? Breast augmentation is the most common cosmetic procedure performed in the USA, with several hundred thousand breast augmentations performed annually. Your procedure will take place safely & comfortably as an out patient in Dr. Porcaro’s AAAHC accredited facility, adjoining the office.
3) What are the risks? There’s a risk of bleeding, especially if you have not stopped Aspirin & NSAID’S before the procedure. Like any other man made device there’s a small risk of failure of the implant, asymmetry, infection, & the eventual need to replace implants.
4) How much does it cost? We offer competitive pricing when compared with similarly trained physicians in our area. The choice of implant type will affect the price, as silicone gel implants run about $1,000 more than saline implants.
5) What do I do before the procedure? You will need to be off blood thinners and ensure that your blood pressure is well controlled. You may require medical clearance from your family doctor depending on your age & your health.
6) What type of anesthesia is used? IV sedation along with numbing medicine makes this procedure well tolerated and safer than general anesthesia.
7) How is the procedure performed? After you are comfortable, sedated & relaxed, Dr. Porcaro will develop pockets for the implants, which are typically placed below the pectoralis muscle. The proper implant position will be confirmed by having you sit up on the o.r. table at the end of the procedure. Your incisions will be closed with absorbable sutures that will not need to be removed.
8) How painful is it? There will be some pain requiring the use of a narcotic for the first several days.
9) What will I need to do after the procedure? You will need to wear a special post op bra for about a week & avoid anything strenuous for 4 wks. You will be instructed on breast displacement exercises, which you will start about a week after the procedure.
10) When will I see Dr. Porcaro again? The day after the procedure.
|American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery||American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery||
* The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is the only certifying Board that exclusively tests surgeons' knowledge and experience in cosmetic surgery but is not recognized by the Florida Board of Medicine
Although the office is located in Port St Lucie, Florida, we regularly serve patients form Jensen Beach, Hutchinson Island, Stuart, St Lucie West, Palm City, Sebastian, Fort Pierce, Tequesta, Palm Beach Gardens, Vero Beach, Hobe Sound, Jupiter, Okeechobee, Melbourne and the greater Orlando area.