Porcaro Cosmetic Surgery
SE HABLA ESPANOL!
Buttock Augmentation FAQ
1) What will the procedure do for me? Augmenting the buttocks is a very popular body sculpting procedure. You may have adequate volume in your buttocks to start with and want additional enhancement while other women have little or no fat, leaving them with a more manly back side. You will enjoy your shapelier & sexier figure afforded by liposuction combined with fat transfer and possible placement of buttock implants for ideal buttock enhancement.
2) Am I a candidate? Buttock augmentation can be performed with a silicone implant or with your own fat. Often a combination of your own fat AND implants is best. You need to have a sufficient amount of fat that can be harvested, however, as we need a minimum of 800-1000 ml fat in order to produce a meaningful change. Ideally, there should be sufficient stores of fat for a second fat transfer session.
3) Is it safe & where is the procedure performed? Your procedure will take place safely & comfortably as an outpatient in Dr. Porcaro’s AAAHC accredited facility, adjoining the office. There’s a small risk of bleeding, especially if you have not stopped Aspirin & NSAID’S before the procedure. Infection is also possible whenever an implant is placed anywhere in the body.
4) How much does it cost? There is a charge for the liposuction component as well as a separate charge for the fat transfer and a charge for implants, if they are used.
5) What do I do before the procedure? You will need to be off blood thinners and ensure that your blood pressure is well controlled. You may require medical clearance from your family doctor depending on your age & your health. You will need to make arrangements to be off from work and to be driven to the office for your follow up appointments for up to 3 weeks after your procedure.
6) What type of anesthesia is used? You will appreciate the IV sedation you receive from Dr. Porcaro’s RN during the procedure. Local anesthetic will also be utilized, which minimizes discomfort and blood loss and facilitates liposuction, harvesting of your fat and placement of buttock implants.
7) How is the procedure performed? After adequate IV sedation, the areas will be numbed with a local anesthetic. Liposuction of the abdomen, flanks, back, inner and outer thighs and possibly the arms will be performed to harvest fat. Once your fat is harvested it will be separated from the local anesthetic, concentrated and & then strategically placed into the buttocks for ideal contouring and enhancement. If buttock implants are placed, pockets will be created below the muscles of the buttocks at the same time for the most natural appearance.
8) How painful is it? This procedure will require the use of a narcotic for several days after the procedure.
9) What will I need to do after the procedure & what should I expect long term? You will need to avoid sitting, lying on your back and anything strenuous for 3 weeks after the procedure. The final result may take several months. Some patients will require another fat transfer session to achieve the volume they desire, as only about ½ the fat that is transferred will survive.
10) When will I see Dr. Porcaro again? You will see Dr. Porcaro several days after the procedure.
|American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery||American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery||
* The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is the only certifying Board that exclusively tests surgeons' knowledge and experience in cosmetic surgery but is not recognized by the Florida Board of Medicine
Although the office is located in Port St Lucie, Florida, we regularly serve patients form Jensen Beach, Hutchinson Island, Stuart, St Lucie West, Palm City, Sebastian, Fort Pierce, Tequesta, Palm Beach Gardens, Vero Beach, Hobe Sound, Jupiter, Okeechobee, Melbourne and the greater Orlando area.