Porcaro Cosmetic Surgery
SE HABLA ESPANOL!
Chin Implant FAQ
1) What will it do for me? The addition of a silicone chin implant will add more volume to your lower face and add projection of your chin & “take up some of the slack” of the skin of the lower face & neck. This will give you a more youthful, refreshed look, often times taking years off your appearance!
2) How much does it cost & where is it performed? We offer competitive pricing when compared with similarly trained physicians in our area. You will receive a discount when other facial procedures such as a lower face & neck lift are done at the same time. Your procedure will take place safely & comfortably as an out patient in Dr. Porcaro’s AAAHC accredited facility, adjoining the office.
3) Can I have other facial treatments at the same time? Yes! You can have a lower face & neck lift, eyelid lift, fat transfer, Botox, fillers, Sculptra and a chemical peel done at the same time.
4) What do I do before the procedure? You will need to be off blood thinners and ensure that your blood pressure is well controlled. You may require medical clearance from your family doctor depending on your age & your health.
5) What type of anesthesia is used? You will enjoy the IV sedation you will receive from Dr. Porcaro’s RN during this procedure. The addition of local anesthetic minimizes discomfort and blood loss.
6) How is the procedure performed? After adequate sedation, Dr. Porcaro will make a 1in. incision below your chin & establish a tunnel along the lower aspect of the jaw, directly on top of the chin bone. The implant will slide into this tunnel & then the implant will be stitched so it can’t move. The platysma muscle in your neck can be tightened at the same time, if this is necessary. Your incision will be closed with absorbable suture material that will not need to be removed.
7) How painful is it? There will be some pain requiring the use of a narcotic for the first several days.
8) What are the risks? There’s a risk of bleeding, especially if you have not stopped Aspirin & NSAID’S before the procedure. There’s a very small risk of weakness or numbness of the lower lip which typically resolves on its own.
9) What will I need to do after the procedure? You will need to apply ice & take it easy, keep your head elevated & avoid anything strenuous for about 7 days. You will wear a Velcro strap 24 hrs/day for the first week & then at night for the next week.
10) When will I see Dr. Porcaro again? On the day after the procedure, your dressing will be removed and a Velcro strap will be applied.
|American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery||American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery||
* The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is the only certifying Board that exclusively tests surgeons' knowledge and experience in cosmetic surgery but is not recognized by the Florida Board of Medicine
Although the office is located in Port St Lucie, Florida, we regularly serve patients form Jensen Beach, Hutchinson Island, Stuart, St Lucie West, Palm City, Sebastian, Fort Pierce, Tequesta, Palm Beach Gardens, Vero Beach, Hobe Sound, Jupiter, Okeechobee, Melbourne and the greater Orlando area.