Porcaro Cosmetic Surgery
SE HABLA ESPANOL!
Fat Transfer FAQ
1) What will it do for me? Replacing your fat lost due to aging with your own fat will soften wrinkles, improve the quality of your overlying skin & restore a more youthful appearance to your face.
2) Is it safe? There’s no safer product than your own fat to replace your lost facial volume.
3) How long does it last? About half of the transferred fat will be absorbed over the first 6 weeks after the procedure. The other half will be incorporated into your tissue & will last for years.
4) How many treatments will I need? This will depend on the volume of fat you have lost, the areas to be treated and your goals for improvement. Most patients will require 2 fat transfer sessions.
5) How much does it cost & where will it take place? We offer competitive pricing when compared with similarly trained physicians in our area. The cost depends on how involved your procedure is. You will receive a discount when other facial procedures are done at the same time, such as eyelid lift, chin implant, face & neck lift, Botox, fillers and a chemical peel. Your procedure will take place safely & comfortably in Dr. Porcaro’s AAAHC accredited facility, adjoining the office.
6) What are the risks? There’s a risk of swelling or bruising at the injection sites. There’s a very small risk that the fat could clump, resulting in an irregularity that may need to be removed.
7) What about other filler? Sculptra adds volume to your face by stimulating collagen production. It is ideal to build up loss volume in the area below & around your eyes, your cheeks, & the folds around your mouth, the same areas where fat is typically transferred. Like fat, Sculptra is injected deeply, just above facial bones and is not the preferred product for superficial lines & wrinkles, which are best addressed with Botox and or Juvederm.
8) How are the injections performed? Once Dr. Porcaro determines that you are a good candidate for the procedure you will be monitored & sedated by Dr. Porcaro’s RN and the nerves in your face and the fat to be removed, typically from your tummy or thighs will be numbed. Dr. Porcaro will remove the desired amount of your fat, concentrate the fat & then carefully & strategically inject the fat into the areas where you & Dr. Porcaro agreed on before the procedure.
9) What limitations are there afterwards? You will need to apply ice to the treatment areas to minimize swelling & bruising & avoid strenuous activities for several days.
10) Will I see Dr. Porcaro again? You’ll return for a complementary follow up appointment about 1 week after your treatment
|American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery||American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery||
* The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is the only certifying Board that exclusively tests surgeons' knowledge and experience in cosmetic surgery but is not recognized by the Florida Board of Medicine
Although the office is located in Port St Lucie, Florida, we regularly serve patients form Jensen Beach, Hutchinson Island, Stuart, St Lucie West, Palm City, Sebastian, Fort Pierce, Tequesta, Palm Beach Gardens, Vero Beach, Hobe Sound, Jupiter, Okeechobee, Melbourne and the greater Orlando area.