Porcaro Cosmetic Surgery
SE HABLA ESPANOL!
1) Why me? There are many causes for enlargement of the male breast. Some men develop enlarged breasts associated with weight gain or the use of certain medication such as steroids for body building. Most times, there’s no identifiable cause.
2) What will the procedure do for me? Removing fat & enlarged breast gland tissue will restore a normal appearance to your breasts. This will make you less self conscious & more confident in your appearance. You will be more relaxed at the beach or pool and you can comfortably wear more tightly fitted shirts.
3) Is it safe & where is the procedure performed? Yes; very safe! Your procedure will take place safely & comfortably as an outpatient in Dr. Porcaro’s AAAHC accredited facility, adjoining the office. There’s a small risk of bleeding, especially if you have not stopped Aspirin & NSAID’S before the procedure.
4) How much does it cost? We offer competitive pricing when compared with similarly trained physicians in our area.
5) What do I do before the procedure? You will need to be off blood thinners and ensure that your blood pressure is well controlled. You may require medical clearance from your family doctor depending on your age & your health.
6) What type of anesthesia is used? You will enjoy the IV sedation you will receive from Dr. Porcaro’s RN during this procedure. Local anesthetic minimizes discomfort and blood loss and facilitates liposuction.
7) How is the procedure performed? After adequate IV sedation the areas will be numbed with a local anesthetic. Excess fat in the breasts will be removed with liposuction. After removing fat, most patients will require excision of the breast gland tissue itself because the glandular material is too hard to be suctioned. This will require a small incision thru the nipple or along the lower aspect of the areola. Absorbable sutures are used to close your skin so sutures will not need to be removed.
8) How painful is it? This procedures is typically not very painful although there will be some pain requiring the use of a narcotic for the first day or two days.
9) What will I need to do after the procedure? You will need to apply ice & take it easy and avoid anything strenuous for several weeks.
10) When will I see Dr. Porcaro again? You will see Dr. Porcaro several days after the procedure.
|American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery||American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery||
* The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is the only certifying Board that exclusively tests surgeons' knowledge and experience in cosmetic surgery but is not recognized by the Florida Board of Medicine
Although the office is located in Port St Lucie, Florida, we regularly serve patients form Jensen Beach, Hutchinson Island, Stuart, St Lucie West, Palm City, Sebastian, Fort Pierce, Tequesta, Palm Beach Gardens, Vero Beach, Hobe Sound, Jupiter, Okeechobee, Melbourne and the greater Orlando area.