Porcaro Cosmetic Surgery
SE HABLA ESPANOL!
Face & Neck Lift FAQ
1) What will it do for me? The removal of excess skin and the tightening of the supporting structures of the lower face & neck will give you a more youthful, refreshed look, often times taking 10 years off your appearance with this very popular out patient procedure!
2) How much does it cost & where is it performed? We offer competitive pricing when compared with similarly trained physicians in our area. The cost depends on how involved your procedure is. You will receive a discount when other facial procedures are done at the same time. Your procedure will take place safely & comfortably as an outpatient in Dr. Porcaro’s AAAHC accredited facility, adjoining the office.
3) Can I have other facial treatments at the same time? Yes! You can have an eyelid lift, chin implant; fat transfer, Botox, fillers, Sculptra and a chemical peel done at the same time.
4) What do I do before the procedure? You will need to be off blood thinners and ensure that your blood pressure is well controlled. You may require medical clearance from your family doctor depending on your age & your health.
5) What type of anesthesia is used? IV sedation is used along with numbing medicine instilled into the areas being treated, which numbs the nerves, loosens the fat & constricts blood vessels, making this procedure well tolerated and safer than general anesthesia.
6) How is the procedure performed? After adequate sedation, Dr. Porcaro will make a 1 in. incision below your chin and incisions in front of (for men) and within the ear (for women), curving behind the ear a variable distance. Liposuction of the neck and jowls may be performed at the same time. The supporting structures of your neck & lower face will be tightened & your excess skin will be removed. Your incisions will be closed with absorbable suture material that will not need to be removed.
7) How painful is it? There will be some pain requiring the use of a narcotic for the first several days.
8) What are the risks? There’s a risk of bleeding, especially if you have not stopped Aspirin & NSAID’S or if your blood pressure is not adequately controlled. There’s a very small risk of weakness in the lower lip which typically resolves on its own.
9) What will I need to do after the procedure? You will need to apply ice & take it easy, keep your head elevated & avoid anything strenuous for about 7 days. You will wear a Velcro strap 24 hrs/day for the first week & then at night for the next week.
10) When will I see Dr. Porcaro again? On the day after the procedure, your dressing will be removed and a Velcro strap will be applied.
|American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery||American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery||
* The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is the only certifying Board that exclusively tests surgeons' knowledge and experience in cosmetic surgery but is not recognized by the Florida Board of Medicine
Although the office is located in Port St Lucie, Florida, we regularly serve patients form Jensen Beach, Hutchinson Island, Stuart, St Lucie West, Palm City, Sebastian, Fort Pierce, Tequesta, Palm Beach Gardens, Vero Beach, Hobe Sound, Jupiter, Okeechobee, Melbourne and the greater Orlando area.