Porcaro Cosmetic Surgery
SE HABLA ESPANOL!
1) What will it do for me? An abdominoplasty or tummy tuck removes your excess lower abdominal skin & fat and also tightens your weak abdominal muscles. You will appreciate a significant improvement in you shape & feel better about yourself after this very popular body contouring procedure.
2) Is it safe & where is the procedure performed? Tummy tucks are one of the most common cosmetic procedures, with thousands performed annually. Your procedure will take place safely & comfortably as an out patient in Dr. Porcaro’s AAAHC accredited facility, adjoining the office.
3) What are the risks? There’s a risk of bleeding, especially if you have not stopped Aspirin & NSAID’S before the procedure. There’s a small risk of surface irregularity, more common in elderly patients.
4) How much does it cost? The cost depends on how extensive your procedure will be and any other procedures you may want to have at the same time, such as liposuction. We offer competitive pricing when compared with similarly trained physicians in our area.
5) What do I do before the procedure? You will need to be off blood thinners and ensure that your blood pressure is well controlled. You may require medical clearance from your family doctor depending on your age & your health.
6) What type of anesthesia is used? IV sedation is used along with numbing medicine instilled into the areas being treated. This numbs the nerves, loosens the fat & constricts blood vessels, making this procedure well tolerated and safer than general anesthesia.
7) How is the procedure performed? After instilling a local anesthetic into your areas to be treated, Dr. Porcaro will wait about ½ hour before starting the procedure. During this waiting period the areas will become numb. Liposuction may precede removal of excess skin and muscle tightening.
8) How painful is it? There will be some pain requiring the use of a narcotic for the first several days.
9) What will I need to do after the procedure? You will need to wear an abdominal binder & avoid anything strenuous for between 2 & 4 wks. Most patients will require a week off from work.
10) When will I see Dr. Porcaro again? The day after the procedure.
|American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery||American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery||
* The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is the only certifying Board that exclusively tests surgeons' knowledge and experience in cosmetic surgery but is not recognized by the Florida Board of Medicine
Although the office is located in Port St Lucie, Florida, we regularly serve patients form Jensen Beach, Hutchinson Island, Stuart, St Lucie West, Palm City, Sebastian, Fort Pierce, Tequesta, Palm Beach Gardens, Vero Beach, Hobe Sound, Jupiter, Okeechobee, Melbourne and the greater Orlando area.